December 14, 2017, Saratoga Springs, NY — Leonard Bus Sales announced that all four full-services facilities have once again earned Diamond Edge℠ Certification from IC Bus — achieving this heralded status demonstrates an unparalleled commitment to improving service dwell time and to making it easy for Leonard Bus Sales customers.
Diamond EdgeSM Certification is an elite dealer benchmark earned by achieving rigorous service and parts metrics based on customer dwell time, which is the time it takes for a customer to get their bus diagnosed, repaired and back on the road. The certification is very difficult to attain and is only granted to IC Bus dealers that meet or exceed customer service dwell time metrics and action plans.
“Maintaining our Diamond EdgeSM certification from IC Bus is a testament to how hard our team works and their commitment to making it easy for our school transportation partners, said Kevin Toal, Leonard Bus Sales Director of Fixed Operations. “We do not take this certification lightly; a lot of thought and planning goes into making sure we are quickly identifying and meeting our customers’ needs.”
- Diamond EdgeSM certified dealerships provide:
- Accelerated service
- Express diagnostics
- A highly trained and informed workforce
- Greater parts availability
“IC Bus has an unrelenting passion for delivering on our mission of uptime,” said Trish Reed, vice president and general manager, IC Bus. “The Diamond Edge program recognizes dealers with the highest-performing service departments in our network.
To achieve Diamond Edge certification, IC Bus dealers must:
- Meet or exceed service dwell time metrics and define long-term action plans for continuous and ongoing service dwell time improvement at dealership location
- Provide dedicated Accelerated Service where customers receive immediate vehicle evaluation by a technician and are informed of required repair, required parts and availability, and estimated repair time within two hours of vehicle’s arrival
- Top service departments must commit to adopting technology like our Accelerator Write-up App™, a first-of-its-kind mobile app created to expedite service visits by streamlining the write-up and diagnostic process
- Participate in the dealership inventory alliance (DIA) parts inventory program to ensure common parts are readily available in dealer inventory
Toal concluded, “Part of making it easy for our school transportation partners, means we focus on providing them access to the best trained technicians and continuously work to reduce dwell time to ensure their school buses are back in service as quick as possible. It’s something the Leonard Bus Sales team strives for each day — we are proud to be an IC Bus Diamond Edge Certified dealer.”
IC Bus, LLC of Lisle, Ill., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Navistar, Inc. (NYSE: NAV). The nation’s largest integrated manufacturer of school buses, IC Bus is a global leader in passenger protection, chassis design, engines and ergonomics. The company is also a producer of commercial buses. All IC Bus™ buses are sold, serviced and supported through a renowned dealer network that offers an integrated customer program encompassing parts, training and service. Additional information is available at www.icbus.com.
Leonard Bus Sales, Inc. is owned and operated by the Leonard family, a recognized leader in the distribution and support of quality, environmentally-friendly school buses. A third-generation family owned business, Leonard Bus Sales has been providing cost-saving fleet management services and award-winning customer support for over fifty years. Leonard Bus Sales is a leading distributor of IC BusTM brand buses in Upstate New York and distributes Trans Tech Type-A school buses throughout New York. The company operates full-service facilities in Bergen, Deposit, Rome, and Saratoga Springs – www.leonardbus.com